For digital agencies, bringing on new clients is always an exciting time. When the time comes to start working with that new client, the process can go smoothly if your digital agency has taken the time to properly onboard them. The onboarding process can feel like an arduous task if there is no procedure or set methodology in place, leading many digital agencies to put it off until it’s too late or even forgo the onboarding process altogether.
At SEO Resellers USA, we are here to tell digital agencies that onboarding new SEO clients shouldn’t feel like you’re trying to reinvent the wheel each and every time. On our YouTube channel, Globital TV, project manager Waseem Ansari gives digital agencies useful information about creating an effective onboarding checklist to ensure the process goes smoothly.
Why Do Digital Agencies Need An Onboarding Process?
Following an onboarding process is vital when welcoming a new SEO client to your digital agency. Without proper onboarding, it’s far more likely your digital agency will let important details slip through the cracks and not have all of the important information needed to deliver high-quality services. When digital agencies don’t have all of the information they need, it can result in missteps that waste time, cost money, and cause problems down the line.
What Are The Benefits Of Having A Clear Onboarding Checklist?
Having a clear checklist for onboarding can benefit your digital agency in many ways, including:
- Establishes clear expectations between the client and agency
- Collects all of the information needed to deliver high-quality services
- Increased client loyalty
- Increased efficiency
- Increased lifetime value and revenue
- Decreased customer service issues and problems with service delivery.
What Should A Good Onboarding Checklist Entail?
The onboarding process should help establish a solid foundation between your agency and your clients and should therefore aim towards gathering all of the required information as well as ensuring you and your clients are on the same page regarding your contacts, service agreement, fees, etc. Your digital agency’s onboarding checklist should help set up a positive relationship between your team and your clients where communication can flow easily. Steps in your onboarding checklist should include:
- Give a thoughtful welcome package to formalize the working relationship, including a welcome message, a clear description of the services you will be delivering, and the agreed fee the contract is based on
- Have the client fill out a detailed questionnaire that will gather important information about the client without being too long or boring for them to fill in
- Audit existing activity to establish how the client is currently performing and how it has performed previously
- Research the client’s industry (and their position within it)
- Set up reporting from the start to ensure you are always prepared to deliver valuable feedback
Interested in finding out more about how you can improve your digital agency’s onboarding process to maximize efficiency? Head over to Globital TV and watch our video, SEO Clients Onboarding Checklist for Agencies, to find out how!
Need an SEO white label partner to help keep up with your all of your clients? Looking for the best white label reseller programs? Get in touch with SEO Resellers today! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.